Peter and I are about to take off on a small road trip, but before we do.... exciting news..... I'm about to take my weaving sample off the loom finally! I know, you're falling over with excitement, right? Me too!
Seriously, getting a full time job seriously interrupted the whole learning-to-weave process but I'm still going. Here's proof. Now keep in mind that the colour choices were not entirely in my control since I had to use contrasting colours. I'm not a fan of the very 1970s vibe going on, but it is what it is. Also, I have no idea what this is, I just did it to learn, I have no actual use for a really long, ugly thing woven from wool yarn. Suggestions are welcome.
Here we are - I've woven as far as I can:
Proof that I've woven as far as I can. On the right: the woven bit, on the left: the lack of yarn to do any more weaving.
A whole lot of, uh, woven fabric wound up on the front beam - can't wait to actually see it all at once in all its ugly-but-made-by-me glory:
And a shot of my fabulously even weaving, note the perfection:
After Peter and I get back from driving around and exploring weird bits of nature I'll take it off the loom and see what it is!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?