It was all fine when all I did was beadwork, but since moving to Vancouver I've learned to crochet and weave, so now there's yarn tucked in every drawer and cabinet you see - open a cabinet where you'd expect to find a dvd collection and yarn will probably fall out. oh, and there's a loom in our living room. There are a lot of beads too, but they're fairly compact. I also got a sewing machine, so there's a cupboard in the kitchen full of fabric. Then there's the miscellaneous supplies - glue, magnets, the stuff I'm going to repurpose one day, the silkscreening inks, the wireworking tools, and all the associated craft books.
What I mean to say is that I kind of have a lot of supplies. I could stay at home and craft continuously for approximately 11 years, I think. I do feel like it's a bit over the top and I try to restrain myself - but then a local store goes and offers yarn that is normally $15/ball for $2/ball! Anyway. I seriously don't need any more craft supplies. Really. Even I admit that.
But then Got Craft - the local awesome craft fair that usually I'm a vendor at with my group Maked - had a contest.... and the prize was a Yudu which is a DIY screen printing system. A $300 screen printing system. I may have gone a little over the top to earn entries into the contest.And it worked because I won! Yay! I'm excited to test the thing out - hopefully this weekend when I have time to make a mess.
The downside? The Yudu is enormous. I live in a 600 sqft apartment that I share with a Peter, two cats, a floor loom, and several bikes. I honestly have no idea where I'm going to keep this thing. It's currently on our coffee table. It's the same size as our coffee table.
Still - who can refuse craft supplies? Not me, clearly. I've got a bit of a thing, after all.
Mmmmm! I've always wanted to try screen printing! I'm excited to hear how this turns out...
OMG you won a YUDU!! I want one of those...look forward to seeing what you make with it. :)
SWEET! That is awesome. I am jealous!
(My craft supplies are also stuffed into every corner of the house. Its normal. Perfectly normal...).
I'm brainstorming projects.... I'll be sure to share the results!
(Thanks Amber, good to know we're normal!)