Rss Feed
  1. Friday, April 15, 2011

    Last night Peter and I went out to a casino in New Westminster. Seems out of character for us, doesn't it? Yeah, we skipped the slots and went to the Redbar Lounge where there was a dinner + salsa dancing event. Buffet dinner and dancing for $18? I'm in! Turns out there is a cute lounge there - exactly the kind of old-school set up I've been yearning for - with booths that overlook the dance floor and stage.

    We got there a bit late, getting a bit lost on the suburban highways, but still made it in time to nab the last table and get some grub. The food wasn't anything fancy but it was good and there was chocolate cake for dessert, so what more do you need, really?

    There were two dance instructors who did a short performance of some salsa and bachata, then gave lessons in merengue and salsa, then it was open dancing. Peter and I had fun - it wasn't crowded at all (salsa dance floors are often packed) and they mixed in some chacha, swing, merengue with the salsa (I get bored fast if we do just salsa).

    Apparently it's a new thing the Lounge is trying - Thursday night dinner + dance (with lessons). Next week is swing dancing. I'm pretty sure we'll be back there again at some point! It's always nice to find new dancing venues - even if they are annoyingly located far away. Even better if they include all you can eat chocolate cake.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind?