Rss Feed
  1. Recovery

    Sunday, February 09, 2014

    After Prague, then Vienna, Peter and I had a day at home in Wroclaw before we took off again, this time for Istanbul - our surprise trip! Turkey had been on our to-visit list originally but got cut for budget reasons. In a relatively last minute change of plans, we ended up popping over to Istanbul for a very pragmatic reason.... I needed to exit the Schengen Area to comply with my Polish visa (snafu with the end date of my visa)*. We had thought to rent a car and drive to Lviv in the Ukraine (formerly a Polish city), but the rental car place we use would let us take a car there.... so - Istanbul!

    PalmsIstanbul was fun, if sometimes a bit overwhelming. More thoughtful comments on that later!

    We got back from Istanbul on the 7th and my sister and her boyfriend were waiting for us in Wroclaw. It was very nice to hang out with them for a few more days - not sure when we'll next meet, it will be a while probably! They left today and I promptly fell on the couch, exhausted. I'm trying to fight off a bug of some kind, or possibly I'm just run down from all the running around; in any case, my plan is to be all better tomorrow.

    We have a week in Wroclaw, then we are off on the farewell tour of Peter's family in Poland. It's all zipping to an end terrifyingly fast!

    *I re-entered the Schengen Area and am now here on the regular 90 day tourist thing.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind?