Carlos had to go in for dental surgery and have quite a few teeth removed, but since recovering from surgery he seems better and is eating well which is good because he's a scrawny guy! We're very glad to discover that if you wrap a pill in sandwich meat Carlos will wolf it down without noticing. Pilling a cat has never been so easy. He may need to have more teeth removed (they ran out of time during the last surgery) but that will have to wait until Peter and I get back because..... I am taking my first vacation of 2015!
It has sucked not being able to take vacation. There is a bit more support at work right now and also I think I care less, so I'm taking a week and a half off. It should be enough of a break to keep me sane a bit longer. Peter is already in Ottawa for work - I'll join him there and we'll go to Montreal for a few days. Even though I lived in Ottawa for 4 years (a long time ago), I've never properly visited Montreal so I'm really looking forward to this! Also to having free time with Peter. He's been working increasingly crazy hours in preparation for the Ottawa trip and his work has promised to leave him alone for a few days while we are in Montreal.
Today I cleaned up the apartment and packed and went and sat on the beach for a bit. There's nothing better than sitting on the beach with a book on a sunny day when most people are at work. I'm so ready for this vacation!
-
Vacation
Monday, September 28, 2015
Posted by Lisa at 7:51 PM | Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook |

Aw, poor Carlos! Hope he heals up quickly. Yay for finding an easy pilling method!