Rss Feed
  1. Tour

    Thursday, March 31, 2016

    Yesterday I got to go on a tour of some passive house facilities. Spent the day on a bus with 37 other professionals and visited a pre-fab facility, a low-energy prefab house under construction and a finished passive house.

    It was all interesting stuff but the finished passive house at the end of the day stuck with me. It was in Whistler, where land prices are insane. It was on a lake with a view of snow-capped mountains. It was 5300 sqft with 7 bathrooms. It had stunning views. It had a secret door that opened to reveal a playroom with a climbing wall, stage, 2 story playhouse with firepole. The place was amazing. And crazy. And I don't believe it was the primary home.

    Sometimes living here has the ability to make me feel very poor. Which is crazy, because Peter and I are far from being poor. I wish the world wasn't so troubling.

    Aside from feeling poor I'm left with one lingering thought: why 7 bathrooms?

    Pretty Passive



  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind?