Rss Feed
  1. Travel bug

    Saturday, June 18, 2016

    After our year in Poland the travel bug left me entirely. I was so happy to be home with friends and in a place where I spoke the language and I had no desire to ever see another old church. The urge to sight-see was totally gone, it had left somewhere before our year in Europe was even up.

    Peter recently went on a trip to Bangkok & Malaysia with a friend and I enjoyed it. I was honestly quite happy not to go. Which seems awful. One is supposed to love travel, right? Want to go at every opportunity?  That's not me any more.

    That said. There is this writing retreat/conference in Reykjavik, Iceland that sounds amaaaaaazing. And the thought of staying afterwards and visiting Iceland seems really appealing. I can't put my finger on why - I suspect Iceland will be rather miserable in April, but it's a place I've heard lovely things about, it's a bit off the beaten track, something different... these things appeal to me. Also - it fits our new method of travel which is to have a reason to go a place, some activity or event.

    So, tentatively, maybe the travel bug does still exist in me, it just needs very carefully crafted circumstances to come out.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind?