Rss Feed
  1. Tuesday, September 06, 2011

    It's the first day of school!!   This doesn't actually impact me at all, except some bus routes will be fuller now.  But boy do I remember the first day of school.  I've got 20 years of school under my belt so the simultaneous feelings of 'yay, fresh start' and 'scary new' will always be associated with September.  Also, new notebooks and pencils.
    As a younger sister I remember watching my sister go off to school and I was so jealous!  She got homework!  I wanted homework!  So when I finally, finally got to go off to primary class, I came home after the first day absolutely devestated.  They didn't assign any homework!  All that waiting, I was so disappointed.  I think I thought I would learn to read novels on day one.  School was magical like that.  I'm pretty sure Mom spoke with my teacher because eventually she started giving me homework.  I recall very clearly that that is how I learned to spell cookie - and look how well that has served me in life! Thank you Mrs. McDonald.  I pretty quickly learned that homework was not something you needed to ask for for long, but I was always pretty much a nerd. Though I definitely wasn't asking for homework by the time I hit university!
    In any case - hope the first day of school went well for everyone!


  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind?