I feel like it's been at least a blog post since I mentioned dance. Like I said before, Peter has been battling his weird disease that won't go away so last week I went to our private lesson alone. We do this only very occasionally, so it's kind of special to get our instructor all to myself for 45 minutes. He didn't bat an eye when I told him it was just me, he immediately started me working on my latin hip motion as though he'd been waiting for just this moment. We started the lesson standing in place slowly rotating hips and bending knees in the very particular way that is cuban motion. The way to know if you're doing this right is that you will sweat profusely from the effort. Apparently I did something right because at the end he was practically giddy and said I increased my cuban motion by 1000% and random other people in the studio complimented me afterwards. The trick is getting it to stick - and doing it at full dancing speed. I feel like if I could just take a good few months - pause all the other stuff in life (you know, like work) - and just devote some serious time to dance, I could nail all this stuff down and just be left with details/patterns. Trying to learn on the side, in the margins, it's just so slow!

First world problems, I know.
In less dance-related ramblings -
this post is possibly the best example of why I love The Bloggess. She is crazy and awesome to a degree that is impossible to convey with mere words.
Concluding with a random photo of a cool house down by a park in Delta that I took last month. Something about the bright blue sky captures what I'm longing for right now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?