Rss Feed
  1. Perspective & Frivolity

    Friday, April 20, 2012

    I was thinking about my last post and my complaining about work. I realized that I really don't have much to complain about. Longer-than expected hours, some frustrations, that's tiddlywinks in comparison to what other people have to deal with. I have good co-workers, good bosses, a lovely work environment, a chance to do work that is meaningful to me and challenges me and pays well.  Really? I'm pretty damn lucky.  So ignore any future complaints as being whiny.

    On the frivolous side, namely: things I love that you might want to check out:

    TV

    BBCs version of Sherlock Holmes.  It's the best thing ever. My favorite tv series. If I could marry this tv show, I would.  It's that good.  6 episodes, each 90 minutes (!) and all are well written and entertaining and clever.  The actor who plays Sherlock is Benedict Cumberbatch - that alone is reason enough to watch, so see that someone exists with that name.  It's a modern version of Sherlock, but is actually rather timeless (fashion & setting), which is a wonderful treat. They've crafted Sherlock quite faithfully - because in the books he's.... weak on social skills; this show dabbles on the dark side of Sherlock at times, other times on the very funny side.  It's just perfect.  Go watch it, then you can sit with me and moan about how long it's been since a new episode came out (there will be more but both actors are filming movies right now).

    Season 1 trailer.



    MUSIC
    I've been trying to catch up with Peter who has been adding new music to his collection. Some of it I absolutely love - including these two which I find magical and captivating:

    Mission Bells by Armistice


    Someone I Used To Know by Goyte (& Kimbra)


    If you like that song - you'll LOVE this cover of it by Walk Off The Earth. You may have seen it - 5 people on 1 guitar:


  2. 3 comments:

    1. Sharbean said...

      I found Sherlock because the writers of Dr. Who also write for the show. Love them all and can't wait until the new season!

      If you're a "Dr. Watson" fan, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy has Martin Freeman in spades.

      (Just found your blog again after opening one of my long lost feeds :). Hope all is well.)

    2. Suzy said...

      I *adored* Sherlock, too!! Apparently they are filming the new season (or series, as they say in England). I can't wait. I really didn't expect to like the modern make-over, but it won me over pretty much instantly. Love both the main actors.

    3. Lisa said...

      Sharbean - that's how I found Sherlock too! I now will watch anything Stephan Moffat is involved in.

      Suzy - same here, wasn't sure I'd be into new Sherlock but was in love instantly!

      Here's hoping to many more episodes!

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind?