Rss Feed
  1. Poland - Always Interesting

    Sunday, January 12, 2014

    Peter and I rented a car and spent yesterday and today exploring the area outside Wroclaw - visiting castles, and ruins, and small villages. We had a splendid time. Very interesting blog post on that coming once I get some photos to go with it.

    In other Polish happenings.....

    Jesus CapeJan 6th is a holiday in Poland - I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it involves the 3 kings of jesus' birth story.The bit we saw involved a big procession of 3 men (dressed as ye old kings) on horseback and a huge crowd of people and everyone singing Polish Christmas carols. Then something happened on a stage.

    Best part? I spotted a guy in the crowd wearing a Jesus cape! That is a serious fan. Or else it was SuperJesus.

    That was last weekend. Then today we came home from our little road trip to find all of Wroclaw hanging out in the Rynek - there was a concert going on (raising funds for charity), and a bit of a market to go with it, and a very big happy crowd out in the cold. It ended in fireworks somewhere very close to our apartment. Exciting stuff goes on here in winter!


    Polish Holiday
    Huge crowd singing carols.

    3 Kings
    3 kings on horseback, very popular.


  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind?