Rss Feed
  1. Tiny Beads

    Saturday, March 28, 2015

    lanyard-4bI have a habit of choosing craft projects that veer towards insanity, like this one. Projects that are very intricate or time-consuming. I like the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that comes from completing a big project.

    I learned how to do bead crochet a few months ago and decided to make myself a nice lanyard for my word ID badge. I love the feel of bead crochet and it is perfect for this. Of course, I chose to do this project with the smallest beads I had on hand - size 14 or 15.

    Step 1 was to string all the beads for the project onto the thread (I used Beadalon dandyline 0.2mm which had a nice amount of stiffness). Since I had no idea how many beads I would need (assumption: a lot), I strung most of a hank. That took a while. (Good activity to do while watching a movie, actually.) Then the crochet started. And continued. I had a few road trips to work on it. Lots of episodes of Bones. Rainy days at home. Social knitting events. It was a nice, portable project and I had it on hand most of the time for a few months.

    I'm very pleased with how it turned out! It's nice to be working with beads again. Now I'm on the hunt for my next ridiculously long project....

    lanyard-2b


    lanyard-7b

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind?