Got stuck at work doing something boring and stressful (and not my skill set) so going to work hasn't been any fun. Peter started a new job and they required stupid amounts of overtime during the summer. Sprained my ankle (interrupting my new kickboxing hobby), sliced a chunk off my thumb (first visit to the ER). Lost Kitty.
On the flip side. Gained a snuggly Carlos cat from Katie's Place and got to watch him relax and put on weight and enjoy being loved. (Finally got to fulfill my dream of walking into a shelter and asking who needs a home most?) Developed sympathy for permit processing clerks and plan checkers (thankless never ending job). Learned how to do a dance called the Peabody which is easy and tons of fun. Got to visit Montreal and Ottawa - haven't been there in 10 years or so. Went on my first kayak camping trip with friends and survived. Dyed half of my hair blue (it's awesome). My writing experiment, Project Persuasion, finished and I got nice compliments from fans.
The federal election? Huge relief. COP21 - global climate change agreement, gives one hope (I still wouldn't buy any low-lying waterfront property, however).
Overall, I know I'm lucky. I've got lovely friends, supportive family, everything I need and then some. I am looking forward to an adjustment at work in February that will have me doing other projects, ones that will engage my brain again - that will be a huge relief. When work sucks it kind of drags everything down with it, doesn't it?
Closing with some photos from dance taken in December - Peter and I agreed to participate in a group routine (unusual for us!) - bit of charleston, jive, and peabody. The other 3 are way better performers than I but it was fun. Looking forward to January - dancing at the palace in Vienna! I hope 2016 holds many promises of awesomeness for everyone.
Love the photos, amazing effort with the costumes.