My last few days of freedom are winding down... I'll be trading them in for income and experience on Monday when I start work as a Planning Assistant III at the City of Vancouver. It's been a bit of a roller coaster, applying for and being offered and accepting this job because I had it in my head that my first step out of school would be in the private sector, in a design firm. But, on the advice of many, and recognizing that I have so much to learn since I'm at the very beginning of a new field - I stepped into the arena of planning rather than design (there's always a bit of both really). I'll be working on a very interesting, challenging project with what looks like a great group of people, so I have high hopes of it being a great experience.
I will miss my days as a lady of leisure; I think I was really in a groove. It's time to move on, however... always best to leave when you're at your peak. I liken myself to Lance Armstrong in this regard.
-
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Posted by Lisa at 9:53 AM | Labels: life | Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook |
0 comments:
Post a Comment
What's on your mind?